First Post!


So, hi! My name is Sophie and you may know me from my other blog (bellechaton.com) if you don't, that's totally fine, welcome! I started Belle Chaton in 2011 and initially, it was completely just a simple beauty blog, but time went by and I changed as a person. Don't get me wrong, ya girl still loves a lipstick and a glittery eyeshadow, but I guess I just realised there is more to life than having a huge makeup collection. Wow, groundbreaking stuff, eh?

I've always had such a huge interest in creepy and morbid stuff, even as a small child. I loved weird tv shows and the horror genre from a very young age and my parents always found it a little weird and would always call me morbid but it didn't phase me,  I found it all so fascinating!



As I got older, my interest in these types of things grew even more and once I became a teenager and I started spending huge amounts of my time on the internet, I found the world of conspiracy theories. For the most part, a lot of them are a huge reach but it wasn't just the context of the theories that I loved...it was the fact that I grew up thinking the world was very black and white, and then I started to realise that sometimes, things aren't always as they seem. We all have our own minds, thoughts and opinions and it's good to question reality. It should always be encouraged!

When Shane Dawson and many other YouTubers started making conspiracy theory videos, I loved watching them SO MUCH. I had never met anyone in real life, who loved this sort of stuff too and I got lost in this online world. I wanted so badly to make my own videos but I have really bad anxiety so I kept putting it off and putting it off, like, yeah, I'd never be able to do that. 

So, I decided to do my own little series over on my blog, titled "The Monday Mystery" Each week, I'd talk about either a missing person case, conspiracy theory or anything weird and wonderful and I really really enjoyed it. For the first time in a looong time, I enjoyed writing again. I am no longer in education and I am definitely starting to low-key miss researching a topic, coming to your own conclusions and doing a write-up. 

The posts were doing pretty well, views-wise but I alwaays had this little nagging feeling like my main blog wasn't the right place for these posts. One day, I was sitting in my room, once again feeling like I wanted to start YouTube but could I really sit in front of a camera? I told myself life is short and you should always give something a go, even if it doesn't work out in the long run and I did it! 

I'm still such a beginner and I'm always trying to improve my videos every single time I film a new one. I don't have anyone around me to help and guide me, I'm in this little journey all by myself but that's okay! 

My videos will be centred around true crime, conspiracy theories and anything else I decide to research and document! I have so many ideas for topics and I'm so excited! I've now sent all of my old mystery posts over on bellechaton.com to my drafts and I'll leave that to just being my lifestyle and film blog. I didn't even think anyone would notice them being gone but I've had so many lovely messages asking where they've gone and will I be doing more...

Over here on Gloomy Corner is where you'll find all of my mystery style posts, this way, readers of Belle Chaton that just want to hear me talk about cinematography, won't be bombarded with this type of content. I'm aiming to get out at least one video and post a week but some cases definitely require more attention and time to research, and I don't want to ever rush something just so I can stick to an upload schedule, when I don't have all the information and facts, y'know? 

If my YouTube videos aren't your cup of tea, that's totally fine, I'll always be sure to do a write up on here too! If you have any suggestions for cases/theories/anything, feel free to send them to this anonymous form, here!

Until next time,


No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig